Cryptozoic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Started - Much harder than it should be...

2 posters

Go down

Getting Started - Much harder than it should be... Empty Getting Started - Much harder than it should be...

Post  Spasticon Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:36 pm

After swinging by the booth @ Blizzcon2010 I really wanted to support Crytpozoic (never really liked UDE) so I stood in line for hours and my wife and I got some starter decks, and some extra archive packs. We would have gotten a couple epic packs but they sold out quick. I can't blame Cryptozoic for not anticipating the demand though.

Here's my problem:

Once I got home and started to go through the rules and wanted to get started I couldn't find very much in terms of rules, getting started guides, faqs, etc.

• Blizzard's mini-site on the official WoW site links to pages on UDE that don't exist.
  • The pages on wowpedia (wikia diaf imo Sad ) mostly link to pages on UDE that don't exist.
  • The crytpozoic page has a whole lot of nothing. I read in one forum post that there's a new site coming but uh... how long have you had the license to produce this stuff now?
  • A lot of the community pages that I find through google are outdated and none I found had any good guilds on getting started.

As a side note: There is a lot of information about the loot cards. Smile

Anyone have any advice on where to start?

Spasticon

Back to top Go down

Getting Started - Much harder than it should be... Empty Re: Getting Started - Much harder than it should be...

Post  BlueRider Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Your class starter decks should have come with a rule book. You can find a link to the comprehensive rules in this thread on the new forums, but it's not for the feint of heart. I'd recommend that you read through the rule book that came with the deck and then head on over to the new forums and ask any specific questions you might have over in the rules section.
BlueRider
BlueRider

Location : San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Back to top Go down

Getting Started - Much harder than it should be... Empty Re: Getting Started - Much harder than it should be...

Post  Spasticon Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks for proving my point.

New forums... that's just brilliant. How long has Crytpozoic has this brand now?

Spasticon

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueRider Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 pm

These forums were a temporary measure while Cryptozoic was still getting set up. The new forums are the permanent home for the TCG forums.
BlueRider
BlueRider

Location : San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Back to top Go down

Post  Spasticon Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 pm

I appreciate you taking the time to answer, but you're addressing what you think my issue is... not what my point was, which is this:

Once I got home and started to go through the rules and wanted to get started I couldn't find very much in terms of rules, getting started guides, faqs, etc.

The fact that I came to the official website for Cryptozoic and hit the forum button (the only one with anything resembling content about the wowtcg) and ended up on a "temporary" forum which is still enabled but apparently unsupported instead of the new official forums is... demonstrating the very problem I was mentioning.

It seems like the whole environment is set up to support existing participants. As a new participant I give Crytpozoic an F at this point. I was excited about getting into this after leaving Blizzcon. Now I feel like it's too much hassle to navigate the tribal knowledge already established by the long time players.

Spasticon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down