Cryptozoic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information for Ordering Battleground Kits

+15
Hatter
BlueRider
Piclesboy
nekoangel
Bernado
PONE69
Géronimo
carldouglas
Gwon
MasterBofSweden
shelitha
welshjudge
Hooblah
Johnson
Roshen
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Information for Ordering Battleground Kits - Page 2 Empty Re: Information for Ordering Battleground Kits

Post  nekoangel Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:52 am

PONE69 wrote:This is getting to be a bit out of hand, with the shops receiving Battleground kits or any other promo stuff free of charge, for them to take advantage of the company.

One of our local shops has bundled the promo cards up and selling them at £5 a time? Who I will not name on a public forum.

The drew back of a shop is that they are there to make money on anything they sell, some of the shop owners around my area ask m
e to give them advice on World of Warcraft as they don’t know or don’t care about the game as they have to may items in there shop to sell and they see it as a low cost item, not so good for the player who needs help with the game one way or the other.

I think you would be better of giving the Battleground kits to clubs or groups who will put the cards to better use and try involve new people to play the game also they could advertise the shops that sell the products.

We used to get Battleground kits sent to us but that all stopped after the take over, we have put a lot of time and effort in to get new players playing Warcraft in our area, giving us Battleground kits would keep us going out to reach new players and building up the Warcraft community, this would help us give the people who play and are new to the game promo items and not for them to go into a shop and buy them, this type of behaviour sets a bad image for the shop and to the company. Sad

KEEP PLAYING
PONE69

i agree they should be sent to the clubs instead which are mostly run by the shops anyway but that would mean theres a bigger chane the players would then get the items they deserve
nekoangel
nekoangel

Back to top Go down

Information for Ordering Battleground Kits - Page 2 Empty Re: Information for Ordering Battleground Kits

Post  Hatter Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

There seems to be some hostility here towards game stores. As a game store owner (Mad Hatter's House of Games in Lubbock, Texas), I just want to say that not all game stores are bad. While I cannot speak for all game stores, I can say that here we give players a nice place to play, we provide resources for them (access to the tournament software, the game and tournament rules, Battleground kits) and we stock the game inasmuch as possible for the players. We do not steal or sell the promotional cards. We try to run as many events as we can for every game in order to benefit and please as many of our customers as possible. We do not charge for our weekly WoW tournaments.

While it may seem as if some stores don't care as much about the WoW CCG as they do some other products, please remember that they have lots of other CCGs to deal with, many of which may be more popular in their area than WoW, not to mention Board Games, Miniatures, Role-Playing Games, etc. and that the time, energy and other resources that they have to give to their business may not be sufficient enough to cover all of the gaming organization that they would like to do (after they take care of paperwork, upkeep, inventory, sales, customers, web-sites, taxes, etc.). And then that gaming organization time and energy will have to be further divided between CCGs, RPGs, Board Games and miniatures. Then, whatever small part of the pie remains for CCGs would then have to be further divided up and WoW will only receive a portion of that. Nevertheless, just having a place like your local game store within which to meet and play with some minimal resources can easily make the difference in a CCG doing well in your area or not.

What I am saying is that, if your store is doing something blatantly wrong, then, by all means report them. However, if they are doing what they can and they are playing properly by the rules, don't be too quick to dismiss them simply because they do not have the time or energy that you would like for them to have to support WoW. Do what my local players have here and work with the store to promote and foster the game. Teach the owner how to play (my players taught me how to play and I even became a Level 1 Judge (at least I was before the switch; I am not so sure about my status now)). Run the events in the store if you must. Run demos in the store if you must. Become a certified judge if you must in order to do these things (one of my regulars has become a Level 2 judge in this fashion). The local game store is by far the best place to attract new players to the game (people _love_ a crowd). Eventually, you will create a player presence and a purchasing block that will cause the owner to devote more and more of his limited time, resources and shelf space to the WoW CCG. You will also have, in the process, benefited the game of WoW itself and your local player base immensely.

Play friendly and have fun,

Hatter

Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post  futurepast Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Roshen wrote:At this time, only a physical hobby store can order Battleground kits. We do not offer kits to individual, rec centers, or businesses without a physical store front.

I really don't see what everyone's freaking out about. Let them get this stuff out to the simplest places first, then worry about the special cases.

futurepast

Back to top Go down

Post  Piclesboy Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Easy to you to say since you have a simplest place. Do you know that some places doesnt have stores or just dont care?
Piclesboy
Piclesboy

Back to top Go down

Post  futurepast Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:53 pm

I just figure it makes the most sense to build a ground floor before I start on the second. I dunno though, I have no experience in the area. That why I'm going to leave it to them.

futurepast

Back to top Go down

Information for Ordering Battleground Kits - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  PONE69 Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I know that there are good shop owners that see the benefit of the game and the players that play I also see that there are individuals that do the same and do more for the game than the shop granted the shop sells the product but in some cases the shop owner dose not care, but will take advantage off the Battleground kits that are available to them

What if in our case we have built up a games community thru our hard work, going the extra mile to get people interested in playing the games.

There was a time that we had the biggest sneek peaks in the UK for YU-GI-OH with around 100 people coming along, now that we have a split of WOW and YU-GI-OH players we are seeing around 50 to 150 people per week.

We give up our own time and go out to Schools (primary and secondary) in our area also do demos in outlets across Scotland to promote the game to the public, how the game works, getting them interested in the game, there are also the hidden benefits of the game from young kids to older adults?

There are a good few shops around our area that sell WOW products, it seems that as an individual who has set up a good player base in the area with the hard work and long hours going the extra mile for the love of the game, giving the players some place to play each week, we are loosing out just because there is a shop opened up who is only interested in making money not interested in the players as they are selling everything, even selling EAs also selling made up packs which combine EAs and loot, I have just one thing to say on that what is happening to the WOW community out there.

I am also assuming the Upperdeck gave the names of the clubs that were run by the individuals who love the game, we have been going since 2005 ran an inter-schools championship in our area, teach the game in college and have Judged at many events in the UK and Europe, we love the game and what the game has done for the people around our area some have become good players, some of there parents have commented about there behaviour and sudden change of attitude, is that down to us teaching them how to play and stick to the rules there is evidence that it is.

I say give the committed clubs or individuals a chance or some of the shops will still take advantage of the merchandise the players cant buy so they can make a profit, seems a little unfair that just because a new shop opens in your area you stop getting stuff from the company?

Keep Playing
PONE69

PONE69

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyhaven_Games Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Hatter wrote:There seems to be some hostility here towards game stores. As a game store owner (Mad Hatter's House of Games in Lubbock, Texas), I just want to say that not all game stores are bad. While I cannot speak for all game stores, I can say that here we give players a nice place to play, we provide resources for them (access to the tournament software, the game and tournament rules, Battleground kits) and we stock the game inasmuch as possible for the players. We do not steal or sell the promotional cards. We try to run as many events as we can for every game in order to benefit and please as many of our customers as possible. We do not charge for our weekly WoW tournaments.
Play friendly and have fun,

Hatter

+1.

Also, game store owners are individuals too. I just gave two demos this week myself. I would go to schools but schools here are very wary of people going in to do demos and such for kids. We are not all out to "get you" - we give out the promos, we provide a place to play. Of course we have to make money too, but that doesn't mean we have to do something as underhanded as selling the promos out of kits.

As for myself - I like the game enough to post here; be a volunteer, and yeah, I'm going to GenCon to play. Wink
Skyhaven_Games
Skyhaven_Games

http://skyhavengames.proboards19.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  freudinio Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:54 pm

All in All, it really does feel like europe is going to get the big end of the shaft again. Neutral
freudinio
freudinio

Back to top Go down

Post  strawdonkey Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:57 pm

futurepast wrote:
Roshen wrote:At this time, only a physical hobby store can order Battleground kits. We do not offer kits to individual, rec centers, or businesses without a physical store front.

I really don't see what everyone's freaking out about. Let them get this stuff out to the simplest places first, then worry about the special cases.

The thing is in the UK at least, floorspace is very expensive, and a lot of our local stores have gone bust (in the interest of transparency, my local store is AOK). There is simply a different climate regarding local card playing communities here, and to get a straight answer regarding OP support for non-shop playgroups, after the license being with this company for over three months seems quite difficult.

There is a lot of focus on hobby-store only events at the moment and so some large playgroups are understandably feeling a little wary at this turn of events, as it is likely to drive away a large proportion of the playerbase simply because they have nowhere to go.

Just a message to say 'yes; you will definitely be able to apply for BGs/Prereleases/RQs in the future, please bear with us' would be enough to satisfy 99% of the people running local non-shop playgroups.
strawdonkey
strawdonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  freudinio Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:15 pm

strawdonkey wrote:
futurepast wrote:

The thing is in the UK at least, floorspace is very expensive, and a lot of our local stores have gone bust (in the interest of transparency, my local store is AOK). There is simply a different climate regarding local card playing communities here, and to get a straight answer regarding OP support for non-shop playgroups, after the license being with this company for over three months seems quite difficult.

There is a lot of focus on hobby-store only events at the moment and so some large playgroups are understandably feeling a little wary at this turn of events, as it is likely to drive away a large proportion of the playerbase simply because they have nowhere to go.

Just a message to say 'yes; you will definitely be able to apply for BGs/Prereleases/RQs in the future, please bear with us' would be enough to satisfy 99% of the people running local non-shop playgroups.

Have you been able to get any clarification regarding europe at all so far?
freudinio
freudinio

Back to top Go down

Post  strawdonkey Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm afraid I know very little outside of the UK situation, apologies.
strawdonkey
strawdonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  freudinio Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:16 pm

strawdonkey wrote:I'm afraid I know very little outside of the UK situation, apologies.

alright, replace europe with UK then?

I am having a hard time finding any information about pretty much anything regarding organized play in my region (the old ghostlands).
freudinio
freudinio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2